So after the first day and night in Russia, Moscow seems to be everything I thought it would be and more. If you want to really comprehend the speed of business here....just imagine LA, NYC and DC wrapped up in one. And although Russia boasts one of the highest levels of corruption in the world I'm not sure it is as bad as the schemes and whatnot that happen everyday on Capital Hill.
We got to go to a nice, authentic Russian dinner the first evening. And although beat from travels we still rallied to get over to the restaurant. The dinner was actually relatively good except that we had Salmon (again) this makes 5 meals now. But the entertainment was very interesting and really let us know what we were in for. There was folk singing and dancing throughout the entire meal, and even though we had no clue what they were saying it was enjoyable.
Big sign your in Northern Europe....the presence of Nokia everywhere. Ironically 2 minutes after this photo I was offered a very nice Nokia, pick-pocketed I'm sure minutes earlier. No I didn't buy it!!
No comments:
Post a Comment